MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
- SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS
THE MISSOURI RIVER DISTRICT OF THE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 55 Churches and Friendly Congregations!
We serve the eastern area of Nebraska along the Missouri River from Blair, NE., south to the Nebraska, Kansas border.
COME WORSHIP WITH US!
MISSOURI RIVER DISTRICT OFFICES2665 FARNAM STREET SUITE 102
OMAHA, NE 68131
HOURS: M-F 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
2665 FARNAM ST. #101
OMAHA, NE 68131
PHONE: 402-898-9862 EXT. 101
- Catherine McGowan, Administrative Assistant X101
UNITED METHODIST MINISTRIESNathan Morgan
402-898-9862 X105 Email: email@example.com
Coordinator of Volunteers and Communications
402-898-9862 X103 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Missions and Education
402-964-2740 Email: email@example.com
Big Garden Director
402-898-9862 X104 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5544 Ames Ave., Omaha, NE
CLAIR MEMORIAL UMC - INSURANCE MARKETPLACE EVENT
- MARKETPLACE APPLICATION AND CHECKLIST
MARKETPLACE APPLICATION AND CHECKLIST
"To Educate, To Celebrate, To Inspire"
FIFTH ANNUAL MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. TEACH-IN
Presented By IMA and Office of Multicultural Affairs
Where: Creighton University Law School
2133 Cass Street
When: Saturday, January 17, 2015 10a.m.-2p.m.
Continental Breakfast & Registration, Teach-in Program, Break Out Sessions Lunch, Door Prizes and Presentations
For more information and reservations, call Rev. Kenneth Allen @ 402-707-8836 or email: email@example.com
31 ST ANNUAL IMA MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. UNITY SERVICE featuring the Martin Luther King, Jr. Unity Choir
GUEST SPEAKER: BISHOP JOHN D. SHEARD.
GREATER EMMANUEL INSTITUTIONAL
CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST, DETROIT, MICHIGAN
Where: Salem Baptist Church, 3131 Lake Street
When: Sunday, January 18, 2015 6:00 P.M.
Contact Person: Pastor T. Michael Williams - 402-679-3737 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LAYING OF THE COMMEMORATIVE WREATH
By Omaha Association of Black Professional Firefighters(OABPFF)
Local 385, International Association of Firefighters (IAFF)
Where: IMA Martin Luther King, Jr. Cornerstone Memorial Plaza, Northwest Corner of 24th & Lake Streets
When: Monday, January 19, 2015 9:00 A.M.
Refreshments, Fire Safety Program Immediately following.
Contact Person: John Farmer, 402-578-9257
31 ST ANNUAL MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. MEMORIAL LUNCHEON Presented by IMA Tickets $40 thru January 5th; $45 after January 5th
Where: The Omaha Hilton Hotel, 10th & Cass Street
When: Monday, January 19, 2015 -11:30 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
Contact Persons: Rev. Dr. Stan Rone or Mrs. Mary Wilson, 402-341-4297
The Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance
2401 Lake Street
Omaha, NE 68111
St. Luke Community United Methodist Church
Rev. Holmes, Jr. will be the guest speaker at the MLK Memorial Luncheon. The Missouri River District has reserved two tables at the luncheon. If you are planning on attending and would like to be part of our group, please contact Catherine at the District Office. email@example.com
And many are FREE with FREE printing to add your local churches address, worship times and much more!
MISSOURI RIVER DISTRICT MISSION STUDY THE CHURCH AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
Awareness, Accessibility, and Advocacy
Presented by Timothy F. Shaw, J.D., Chief Executive Officer - Disability Rights Nebraska
The Missouri River District United Methodist Women wish to invite all (including men) to the 2015 Mission Study on January 24, 2015 at Papillion St. Paul United Methodist Church, 3241 Jackson Street, Papillion NE 68046
Registration - 8:30 A.M. - - - Mission Study 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Lunch will be served from 12:00 P.M. to 12:45 P.M. at the cost of $7.00.
Lunch Registration and Child Care Registration must be received by January 18, 2015 before 5:00 P.M. (no exceptions). Please contact me with this registration: Please provide name, your Church's name and if child care is needed and for how many children (please bring a sack lunch for them).
Hope to see you at this extraordinary mission study. Please share this information with everyone.
Please contact me with the Lunch and Child Care Registrations or any questions you have. Thank You.
1915 S 44th Street Apt 124
Omaha, NE 68105
JOB OPENING AT THE DISTRICT OFFICE, OMAHAYes, it is true. Catherine is retiring in Feb, 2015!
Full-time Administrative Assistant for the Missouri River District Superintendent of the United Methodist Church. The successful candidate must be able to work independently, demonstrate computer skills, especially with microsoft office, be knowledgeable of accounting, and have good relationship and communication skills. A bachelors degree is preferable. Compensation commensurate with experience and skill. Send a resume including references to Dr. Dan Flanagan, 2665 Farnam St. #102, Omaha, Ne 68131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2014. -
See more and apply on line at: https://regionalhelpwanted.com/omaha/jobs-administrative-assistant-missouri-river-district-umc-omaha-ne/117277779/#sthash.jZxNmOzU.dpuf
January 28 - February 7, 2015
JOURNEY THROUGH THE BIBLE TOUR
Journey Through The Bible with Bishop Scott Jones and Mary Lou Reece.
$3196.00 from Omaha, Wichita or Kansas City
Your journey includes: Basic Tour & guided sightseeing, roundtrip international airfare, daily buffet breakfast and dinner, deluxe motor coaches, first class hotels and much, much more!
To share God's love with the people of Kenya through mission projects, life experiences with a hope of building bridges of friendship and enjoy the gift of life in another culture. Through our encounter we have come to believe what the bibles teaches us we are one in the Lord. We are Brothers and sisters on the way to heaven.
First United Methodist Church -- Neb. City
1023 1st Avenue
Neb. City NE 68410
Mary Stevenson: email@example.com
Kathy Habben firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor Charles: email@example.com
Orders & Fellowship Meeting - January 21-22, 2015Orders and Fellowship gathering for clergy will be held January 21-22, 2015, at St. Mark's UMC in Lincoln, Neb.
Our featured speakers are Rev. Jay Hansen and Anne Bosarge. They come to us from The Chapel, a United Methodist congregation in Brunswick, Ga.
They do not have names that you would recognize from their latest book or having been speakers at a continuing education event you attended because they have not done either of these.
What they have done is develop a discipling and leadership program for their congregation, with Jay as the senior pastor and Anne as the Director of Discipleship. The discipleship program begins intentionally with children in the fourth grade.
We have asked them to share with us how they developed this program and implemented it congregation-wide to give us inspiration for developing spirit-led leaders in the local churches of the Great Plains.
- Rev. Jay Hansen began praying a dangerous prayer "Lord do with me today whatever you must, that in the future you may do with me whatever you wish!" and in 2004, he was able to fully trust God to do with him "whatever You wish." A graduate of Asbury Theological Seminary, Jay was approached by the South Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church to plant a new congregation in Brunswick. Starting new ministries was not new for Jay, but starting a new congregation from scratch was still no small challenge. With wife Kim and a handful of dedicated movers and shakers, Jay obeyed God’s call on his life and The Chapel became officially consecrated in September 2005. Though each Sunday Jay claims things will be "a little bit different", the bottom line and vision for The Chapel remains the same: changed lives. And with two teenagers at home, Jay’s own life (and wallet) may just be the most changed of all
- Anne Bosarge serves as the Director of Discipleship at The Chapel. Prior to working at The Chapel, she was an elementary school teacher, curriculum writer, and technology trainer in the Georgia public school system. Anne loves coming up with creative ways for people to encounter God! Anne’s passion is to help families grow in faith together by empowering parents to leave a spiritual legacy for their children. Her top priority is spending time with her husband Corey and their children Rosalyn and Jacob.
The Handbook is among the best resources for laity providing leadership, people new to The United Methodist Church and clergy who occasionally get stumped by a question. It includes:
•United Methodist teachings,
•church structure and organization,
•what it means to be a worldwide church,
•connectional giving information,
•a glossary of United Methodist terms … and much more.
- Get your free copy here.........
- YOU DO NOT NEED TO PERFORM IN THE CHOIR, TO PARTICIPATE IN THE WESLEY FESTIVAL! Join fellow brothers and sisters from around the country to participate in this faith-enriching celebration, while also supporting the great cause of Imagine No Malaria.Contact Faith Journeys at (877) 732-4845 x105 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.